There are 19 record(s) that match your criteria.
o Internet browsing
o Using the mouse and keyboard
o Using and setting up email accounts
o Using and setting up Skype accounts
o Using internet search engines to find information
o Word Processing
o Accessing audio-visual content on websites such as Youtube
o Using and setting up Facebook accounts
o Accessing language-specific information (i.e.: newspapers, news sites) online
o Safe web browsing and internet use
• Assist program participants one on one with practicing computer/digital technology skills as per their needs
• Assist staff to deliver short presentations on computer skills and applications to program participants
• Informally assess participants’ learning needs and goals through one to one interaction
• Suggest appropriate techniques and resources to participants that align with their learning needs
• Refer to staff for any concerns, questions, and challenges
• Assist staff during the program with set-up and clean-up of the computer room
• Design and manage a donor database and donor stewardship program.
• Research and review which grant proposals the committee will write.
• Design a schedule of fundraising events.
• Track income from fundraising efforts – work closely with treasurer.
• Be a member of the OOTS Board of Directors and attend board meetings
• Minimum 3 hours of meetings per month - 2 hour Board of Directors meeting + 1 hour fundraising
committee meeting if you manage any fundraising volunteers
* Manage the current fundraising campaign "100 Queers Who Care"
• Encourage them to use the hand sanitizer
• Offer directions to other areas of the hospital.
Escort patients/visitors directly to their destination if that will ease their stress
• Circulate in the main lobby and Ambulatory Care to provide assistance to patients and visitors
• Monitor supply of wheelchairs in the Level 1 wheelchair storage area.
• Communicate any questions you are unable to answer to appropriate staff members
Assist patients and visitors using the parking kiosk
- Regularly attend Board meetings: 11 per year, including AGM (approx. 2 hr. meetings)
- Participate in at least one committee (currently include Finance, Audit/Investment; Governance; Human Resources, Nominations, & Risk Management).
- Support fundraising efforts and events and make an annual donation to the agency.
- Provide assistance as requested by the ED: Requests are based on the expertise of the board member (ie. policing, legal, fundraising).
- Participate in an ad hoc committee: Ad hoc committees might be for one meeting only but could be longer.
Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer experience where you could make a difference in the lives of more than 1000 children or youth and their families every year? Volunteering as a Board Member with the Child Witness Centre is making an investment in our future!
- Volunteers will ride a specific, pre-designated transit route with the program participant on a designated day of the week. (Stone Road Mall, grocery store etc.)
- By providing your volunteer efforts, adults living with disabilities in the community are presented with an opportunity to increase their independence and confidence in a community engaged environment
• Receive each patient by name (if possible) in a welcoming manner.
Take their information sheets from them and usher them to waiting room.
• Give the consent form to the patient to read
• Inform patients where they can keep their clothing during the scan
• Make sure patient is dressed properly for their scan (ie: proper clothing/jewellery removed)
• Check to see if a patient who is waiting in a gown for any length of time is cold and get a warm blanket if necessary.
• Keep waiting room, change cubicles, stretchers tidy.
• Keep ample supply of gowns, pens, paper, etc., at request of staff
• Answer general questions
• Escort family member to and from patient area during tests.
• Sit with patients or family members who may be alone.
• Answer directional questions (ie: where is cafeteria?)
• Hand out resources to patients/visitors (non-medical forms)
• Take companion phone to a patient/family member who needs to contact someone
• Fill up ice packs and distribute ice packs at request of nursing staff
Facilitate the search for corporate sponsors either for the school or for the two yearly large concerts
Disseminate fundraising information within the school
Communicate with Parent Liaisons
Attend monthly Board meetings during the school year (10 meetings)
- Orientation- Reorienting patient to time, date and place as assigned
- Feeding Assistance- meal assistance and companionship
- Early Mobilization- assistance with walking and simple exercises
- Therapeutic Activities- activities to keep patients mentally stimulated during hospital stay
- Relaxation/Sleep Enhancement- provide a variety of relaxation exercises to promote sleep
In addition, volunteers are required to record observations on Volunteer Assignment sheet
• Inform them that you are there to make their visit as comfortable as possible.
• Sit with patients or family members who may be alone.
• Take family to different floors as needed to be with the patient
• Water flowers/plants
* record the responses on the tablet
* provide card for patients who would like to provide more detailed information
The Vice-President shall exercise supervision over the affairs and activities of the GGH Volunteer Association in the absence of the President.
• Convene and chair a job description review committee (for all board positions) on a bi-annual basis.
• Sits on the Mary Hales Volunteer of the Year Selection Committee (March)
• Responsible for initiating retail fan out in the case of an emergency situation requiring shut down of services
• Check email at least twice a week for board updates etc.
• Participate in minimum of two fundraising events per year.