Up and Running Guelph
Participate in our Moms outdoor walking program, encouraging and making connections with participants, acting as a "walking buddy" for them, supporting and providing feedback to our coaching staff. Our walking programs bring together Moms who are experiencing depression and/or anxiety to walk with their babies (in strollers) along beautiful park trails for improved mental well-being.
Guelph & Area Right to Life
Various locations in Guelph and surrounding area
May include 24/7 pregnancy helpline, mentors, community outreach volunteers, transportation volunteers,
March of Dimes Canada
March of Dimes Canada is looking for stroke survivors, caregivers and community minded individuals for their After Stroke programs and services. Waterloo Wellington After Stroke program is recruiting volunteers that would support survivors and their families by providing monthly and yearly activities which encourages shared knowledge and guide stroke survives to re-engage back into community activities.
TorchLight, Distress Line
Woodlawn Avenue and Hanlon Parkway
Volunteers train to respond to calls on the Distress Lines and register for shifts from 8:00 AM to 10 PM. Volunteers commit to one 4 Hour shift per week, or two 2 hour shifts per week and 192 hours or one year, whichever comes first.
Wyndham House, Guelph - 133 Woolwich St, Youth Resource Centre
50 Quebec Street, Guelph
The New Way CTCC School Program is an alternative education program for youth ages 14 to 18 with complex mental health and behavioural concerns and or conflict with the law. A volunteer in this program will receive ongoing supervision from the program social worker. They will develop an individualized plan which may or may not include 1 on 1 academic or social/emotional work with clients, group work or group instruction and program planning depending on the interests of the volunteer. Each volunteer can develop their own role with the school social worker based on their particular interests and learning needs.
Chalmers Community Services Centre
Assist guests in finding correct sizes and type of clothing they are searching for. Maintain organization and cleanliness of clothing and household items area.
Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington
• Determine the kind of support to be offered to the client family based on their needs.
• Provide ongoing support through friendship, guidance and advice. For example, accompany the family to appointments, outings, cooking, shopping etc.
• Plan a fun activity together. For example, hiking, ice-skating, or the likes.
• Work with the partner family to set goals with them.
• Communicate with the Family Program Coordinator to monitor progress, provide information and make referrals if needed.
• Link families to the required resources such as schools, doctors, etc. and being mindful of the unique needs of each family.
• Support the partner family with informal language training
• Provide the meeting report to the Program Coordinator after each meeting.
JOE - Jobs, Opportunities, Enterprise
Support J.O.E. staff as they prepare and serve Planet Bean coffee and treats. Mentor staff about great customer service. For J.O.E. that means serving up caring, conversation and connection with every cup of Planet Bean Coffee. Coffee Nooks run on weekday mornings.
Innovation Guelph, Business Support Services
● Attend all Board and assigned sub-committee meetings as requested;
● Work with CEO to establish strategic directives;
● Adhere to Innovation Guelph Vision, Mission and Core Values;
● Act as an IG ambassador in the community and within stakeholder circles to advance the corporate goals and agenda;
● Contribute to the development of and approve the Strategic Plan of Innovation Guelph within the context of existing and new funding agreements and conduct a review of the Strategic Plan as part of a regular annual planning cycle;
● Ensure that decisions are consistent with various funding agreements, Innovation Guelph Vision, Mission, Core Values and Strategic Plan;
● Ensure that key goals are formulated as part of the annual business plan and Accountability Agreement with various funding organizations that help Innovation Guelph accomplish its Mission and actualize its Vision in accordance with Innovation Guelph’s Strategic Plan;
● Monitor and measure corporate performance periodically against the approved Strategic Plan, business plans, and accountability agreement, directing management to take corrective action as required
Family and Children's Services of Guelph and Wellington County, Guelph - Eramosa Rd - Head Office
In family home, in the community, at events
Volunteers provide one to one support, guidance and a listening ear to a parent/guardian. Provide compassion and emotional support and assist the parent with developing skills in dealing with daily activities. Assist parent to enhance and develop parenting skills.
Community Justice Initiatives, Mediation Guelph-Wellington
1575 Homer Watson Blvd. Kitchener, ON N2P 2C5
Building relationships with incarcerated women through recreational and leisure activities. Activities can include, crafts, sports, conversation, board games etc.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Centre Wellington
Work with one other volunteer with small groups of boys or girls for one hour per week for 7 weeks. Each week has a topic and suggested games and activities to do with the children. Topics support healthy lifestyle choices, self compassion, nutrition, active living and much more.
Community Justice Initiatives, Mediation Guelph-Wellington
Guelph and Kitchener
Volunteers are needed to participate in weekly relationship-building activities with the residents of The Salvation Army’s New Directions and Stonehenge’s Therapeutic Community. Sample activities include fitness activities, interactive games, art and information sessions. Volunteers must have a good understanding of personal boundaries and be willing to work in a flexible environment. Goal of the program is to work with the men and support them in reintegration in the community.
Community of Hearts Lifelong Learning Centre
This is currently a working board that is working towards becoming a governance board. Board members will oversee the organization to ensure it adheres to the mission statement of the organization. Board members are asked to sit on one of the various committees in order to grow and strengthen the organization. Potential committee members will work directly or indirectly with the population served by the organization