You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Public Speaking
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
- creating word documents and pdf files of bulletins and flyers
- creating word documents, pdf files and jpgs to promote upcoming events
- creating daily list of "leads" for events using local employment websites
- communicating with business contacts via phone and email
- soliciting donations of items for upcoming events (prizes, auction, etc)
- creating and updating Facebook events
- promotion on social media
- potentially attending events to support the Outreach & Events Coordinator
- potentially attending community partner events with CEC booth/information
• Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as s/he develops and implements Hopewell’s strategic plan;
• Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Hopewell for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings;
• Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports;
• Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out;
• Serving on committees or work groups and taking on special assignments;
• Representing Hopewell to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization, including supporting all fundraising efforts;
• Ensuring Hopewell’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the community Hopewell serves; and
• Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director.
Ensure that your staff partner is informed of any and all fees or costs associated with the prospected entertainment or activities.
Work alongside staff partner and other volunteers on event day to ensure entertainment and activities are executed smoothly.
Meet and greet all entertainers as they arrive.
Help to set up and tear down any activities supplies, props, etc.
Provide weekly updates to committee members and staff partners.
o Internet browsing
o Using the mouse and keyboard
o Using and setting up email accounts
o Using and setting up Skype accounts
o Using internet search engines to find information
o Word Processing
o Accessing audio-visual content on websites such as You tube
o Using and setting up Facebook accounts
o Accessing language-specific information (i.e.: newspapers, news sites) online
o Safe web browsing and internet use
• Assist program participants one on one with practicing computer/digital technology skills as per their needs
• Assist staff to deliver short presentations on computer skills and applications to program participants
• Informally assess participants’ learning needs and goals through one to one interaction
• Suggest appropriate techniques and resources to participants that align with their learning needs
• Refer to staff for any concerns, questions, and challenges
• Assist staff during the program with set-up and clean-up of the computer room
The Career Education Council is seeking dynamic individuals to join our team this semester as Workshop Facilitators. Facilitators will receive orientating and training in preparation for supporting and delivering workshops to students and community groups throughout our region.
Workshops are an important component of our programs and will cove the topic of workplace wellness for front line customer service positions. Our facilitators will also gain meaningful experience promoting education and careers in technology and supporting High School Major Certification days. The CEC will provide ongoing support to facilitators throughout the workshop to ensure that it is a positive experience for both participants and facilitators. Facilitators who wish to further develop their skills and experience in these positions may wish to take on leadership roles in the future. Exciting opportunities on the horizon for the fall include facilitation of specialized high school training that involves students visiting local businesses and contributing ideas for solutions to problems that a given business could be experiencing in their business practices or operations.
Thank you so much for your interest in The Career Education Council! We look forward to receiving your application, and we will contact you about next steps in the application process.
Please contact Samantha Pascoal at the Career Education Council.
careered.council @ ugdsb.on.ca
Replies from this system are sometimes filtered. Please call if you don't hear back.
Alternate email: email@example.com
The Vice-President shall exercise supervision over the affairs and activities of the GGH Volunteer Association in the absence of the President.
• Convene and chair a job description review committee (for all board positions) on a bi-annual basis.
• Sits on the Mary Hales Volunteer of the Year Selection Committee (March)
• Responsible for initiating retail fan out in the case of an emergency situation requiring shut down of services
• Check email at least twice a week for board updates etc.
• Participate in minimum of two fundraising events per year.
The Seed is a community food project at Guelph CHC. We are a collaborative initiative of community partners in Guelph & Wellington with the shared vision of strengthening the local emergency food system, using the power of food to build healthy communities and addressing the underlying issues of food insecurity and poverty. For more information, please contact Madeline, Communications and Fundraising Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org