You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Marketing & PR
There are 18 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Organizing and helping with traditional fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events, mailings.
• Approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organizations for sponsorship and donations
• Helping with the development of new fundraising ideas and events
• Attending events as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Assist in securing food and beverage donations to complement items provided by CCS
• Work alongside volunteers on event day to organize food, beverages and entertainment areas
• Responsible for the overall success and management of the event logistics, scheduling and execution
• Meet and greet all food and beverage donation vendors upon arrival
• Meet and greet entertainers and equipment vendors upon arrival
• Manage event day set-up of food, beverage and entertainment area, ensuring that health and safety requirements are me
• Serve as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and Mudmoiselle
• Adhere to all Canadian Cancer Society policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
Community Living Guelph Wellington and its Board of Directors are currently looking for volunteers to join two of our Board Committees. Volunteer positions are open on our Quality Monitoring Committee and our Resources Committee. The Quality Monitoring Committee looks at CLGW’s service quality and risk management, while the Resources Committee focuses on agency resources like finances, human resources and physical assets.
Experience and knowledge of the areas being assessed is an asset. Having experience with not-for-profits, boards or board committees is beneficial. Enthusiasm, the drive to see a project to its fruition, and curiosity are key!
If this opportunity sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!”
- Attending once a month meetings
- Helping out day of the event
- Reaching out for potential sponsorships
- Reaching out to the media
- Promoting the event
Sponsorship - donations for the event from local businesses and community members (monetary and specific items)
Source and plan entertainment and games
Work in close relationship with committee and staff lead
- creating word documents and pdf files of bulletins and flyers
- creating word documents, pdf files and jpgs to promote upcoming events
- creating daily list of "leads" for events using local employment websites
- communicating with business contacts via phone and email
- soliciting donations of items for upcoming events (prizes, auction, etc)
- creating and updating Facebook events
- promotion on social media
- potentially attending events to support the Outreach & Events Coordinator
- potentially attending community partner events with CEC booth/information
• contribute your skills to assist staff/volunteers in establishing marketing, branding and communication plans and initiatives for Up and Running.
• work to develop a comprehensive marketing plan, including a budget and schedule for distribution of marketing materials (such as press releases, brochures, postcards etc.)
• build relationships and maintain relationships with local businesses, organizations and media, involving them as partners as we work to promote mental health through outdoor activity.
• Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as s/he develops and implements Hopewell’s strategic plan;
• Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Hopewell for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings;
• Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports;
• Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out;
• Serving on committees or work groups and taking on special assignments;
• Representing Hopewell to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization, including supporting all fundraising efforts;
• Ensuring Hopewell’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the community Hopewell serves; and
• Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director.
The Seed is a community food project at Guelph CHC. We are a collaborative initiative of community partners in Guelph & Wellington with the shared vision of strengthening the local emergency food system, using the power of food to build healthy communities and addressing the underlying issues of food insecurity and poverty. For more information, please contact Madeline, Communications and Fundraising Coordinator at email@example.com