You performed a search for: Suitable for: Groups
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
We combine the voices of our volunteers with strategic areas of focus to leverage resources for programs and improved policies that give people living in poverty the health, education and opportunity they need to thrive. Whether it’s writing letters to the editor (LTEs), using social media or engaging with parliamentarians, our passionate volunteers positively impact people living in low-and middle income countries.
If you’re ready to learn about advocacy and committed to taking action every month, join us!
We are specifically looking for group leaders to start a new group in the Guelph-Wellington area. Leaders organize their group's monthly meetings online, support their volunteers in taking advocacy action, and send progress reports to Results.
- Stock the Clothing Market
- Rotate out un-needed seasonal clothing from Market
- Go through Food Market to see what items are running low on stock
- With supervision, bring up additional food items from basement
- Stock Shelves & move shelved product to the front of shelves
- Bag toilet paper
- Fill produce baskets with produce bags to make them ready for restocking
- Bag rice or dry beans
- Sort eggs in the walk-in cooler and put into empty half containers to put in Food Market for selection
- Break down boxes
- Do community members' shopping
- Pack perishables and non-perishables for deliveries
- Maintain tidy and organized work space
- Assist with taking grocery orders as needed - language skills an asset
- Follow health & safety protocols
- Other duties as required
- Deliver groceries according to procedural instructions
- Return to HOPE House with crates and any un-delivered groceries
- Communicate with Volunteer & Placement Coordinator
- Maintain good vehicle maintenance and cleanliness
- Track Volunteer hours and uphold Volunteer duties