You performed a search for: Suitable for: Groups
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
created by a coalition to work towards a community with no barriers to healthy food. The SEED delivers programs and operates a social enterprise that address the causes and effects of food security.
Groceries from the SEED is a pay-what-you-can online grocery store with a purpose! When you shop at Groceries from the SEED you help people in your community afford good food. It takes a community to feed a community. Find more information and link to sign up here https://theseedguelph.ca/sign-up/
Packing and Warehouse Crew volunteers work together as a team (physically distance) to accurately pick and pack fresh food and frozen meals into customized baskets for home delivery.
Please note: There is a physical element to this role. Some of the produce is heavy or awkward. For example: a full cabbage, bag of potatoes and the full food baskets.
Packing and Warehouse Crew works on Tuesday and Friday 11-3pm.
*** We do not have evening or weekend shifts. ***
*** Note: Due to the high number of applications and limited spaces open, we are not able to place everyone that applies. While we appreciate everyone who shows interest and applies, volunteers are offered roles based on best fit.
*** The SEED is a Guelph Community Health Centre program. We have implemented a COVID vaccination policy.
- Stock the Clothing Market
- Rotate out un-needed seasonal clothing from Market
- Go through Food Market to see what items are running low on stock
- With supervision, bring up additional food items from basement
- Stock Shelves & move shelved product to the front of shelves
- Bag toilet paper
- Fill produce baskets with produce bags to make them ready for restocking
- Bag rice or dry beans
- Sort eggs in the walk-in cooler and put into empty half containers to put in Food Market for selection
- Break down boxes
- Do community members' shopping
- Pack perishables and non-perishables for deliveries
- Maintain tidy and organized work space
- Assist with taking grocery orders as needed - language skills an asset
- Follow health & safety protocols
- Other duties as required
- Deliver groceries according to procedural instructions
- Return to HOPE House with crates and any un-delivered groceries
- Communicate with Volunteer & Placement Coordinator
- Maintain good vehicle maintenance and cleanliness
- Track Volunteer hours and uphold Volunteer duties