You performed a search for: Suitable for: Families
There are 12 record(s) that match your criteria.
created by a coalition to work towards a community with no barriers to healthy food. The SEED delivers programs and operates a social enterprise that address the causes and effects of food security.
Groceries from the SEED is a pay-what-you-can online grocery store with a purpose! When you shop at Groceries from the SEED you help people in your community afford good food. It takes a community to feed a community. Find more information and link to sign up here https://theseedguelph.ca/sign-up/
Packing and Warehouse Crew volunteers work together as a team (physically distance) to accurately pick and pack fresh food and frozen meals into customized baskets for home delivery.
Please note: There is a physical element to this role. Some of the produce is heavy or awkward. For example: a full cabbage, bag of potatoes and the full food baskets.
Packing and Warehouse Crew works on Tuesday and Friday 11-3pm.
*** We do not have evening or weekend shifts. ***
*** Note: Due to the high number of applications and limited spaces open, we are not able to place everyone that applies. While we appreciate everyone who shows interest and applies, volunteers are offered roles based on best fit.
*** The SEED is a Guelph Community Health Centre program. We have implemented a COVID vaccination policy.
• Select an appropriate recipe
• Provide a list of ingredients and cooking instructions at least 4 days prior to the session
• Lead the cooking lesson
• Provide for vegetarian options to be inclusive to as many participants as possible
• Demonstrate active listening during the session
• Explain unfamiliar words or ingredients when needed
• If you are cooking an authentic dish from your country, explain some traditions associated with it
• Record the time spend volunteering and preparing for the session that will include shopping, preparing and the actual session.
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the conversation all participants are treated with dignity and respect
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator
• Understanding and identifying methods to remove barriers that increase universal accessibility,
• Advising from a public education perspective methods of identifying and removing barriers,
• Familiarity with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA),
• Advising on accessible website development and accessible graphic design; can be an understanding of the WCAG 2.0 Level AA from the designer perspective or the user experience (UX),
• Advising on education methods/effective idea sharing,
• Identify within the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) community and have an understanding of barriers experienced by people with disabilities,
• Advocating and/or speaking in support of an idea or course of action from an ally perspective; and/or
• Thinking from an inclusive lens.
Representation from all areas of Guelph is desired. The Guelph Barrier Free Committee is committed to ensuring our members and Board reflects the community we serve. Our recruitment processes strive to ensure a diversity of backgrounds and experiences are represented.
- Stock the Clothing Market
- Rotate out un-needed seasonal clothing from Market
- Deliver groceries according to procedural instructions
- Return to HOPE House with crates and any un-delivered groceries
- Communicate with Volunteer & Placement Coordinator
- Maintain good vehicle maintenance and cleanliness
- Track Volunteer hours and uphold Volunteer duties
Become trained to offer support and lead group sessions providing feeding & parenting support to other parents. Keep logs of supporting, track hours, remain in good communication with the program coordinator.
Volunteers in this role are required to have had breastfeed or chestfeeding experience. Please consider joining this program as an administrative support or in a health promotion role if you do not have breast or chest feeding experience.
Guelph CHC acknowledges the importance of Peer-led work and offers 20 hours of training for this position but also ask for a minimum 6 month commitment.
One of our strategic aims to build capacity in our community. Volunteers in this role must have a connection to Guelph.
The nice weather has arrived. Spend some time with a resident or patient at the Health Centre to enjoy the fresh air. You may walk together around the garden area, or sit to share a coffee quietly.