Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group
We need help delivering meals to families in need. There would be one pick-up location and one drop-off location. Own vehicle required.
Children's Foundation of Guelph and Wellington, Guelph - Waterloo Ave, Food & Friends Student Nutrition Program
69 Huron St, Guelph, ON, and various locations around Guelph
You will be placed on the emergency on call list for the Food & Friends at Home initiative and will be contacted on an as needed basis until the end of June.
Guelph (City of). City Hall, Guelph - Carden St - City Hall, Accessibility Services
Currently virtual, with post-pandemic in-person meetings at Guelph City Hall.
We seek interested candidates who understand the value of relationship building through a positive and respectful approach and who identify with any of the following experience:
• Understanding and identifying methods to remove barriers that increase universal accessibility,
• Advising from a public education perspective methods of identifying and removing barriers,
• Familiarity with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA),
• Advising on accessible website development and accessible graphic design; can be an understanding of the WCAG 2.0 Level AA from the designer perspective or the user experience (UX),
• Advising on education methods/effective idea sharing,
• Identify within the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) community and have an understanding of barriers experienced by people with disabilities,
• Advocating and/or speaking in support of an idea or course of action from an ally perspective; and/or
• Thinking from an inclusive lens.
Representation from all areas of Guelph is desired. The Guelph Barrier Free Committee is committed to ensuring our members and Board reflects the community we serve. Our recruitment processes strive to ensure a diversity of backgrounds and experiences are represented.
Lakeside HOPE House
HOPE House Clothing Market, 10 Cork St. E., accessibility entrance 7 Church Lane
- Sort & organize clothing donations
- Stock the Clothing Market
- Rotate out un-needed seasonal clothing from Market
Lakeside HOPE House
Within the City of Guelph
- Pick-up grocery orders and route at HOPE House
- Deliver groceries according to procedural instructions
- Return to HOPE House with crates and any un-delivered groceries
- Communicate with Volunteer & Placement Coordinator
- Maintain good vehicle maintenance and cleanliness
- Track Volunteer hours and uphold Volunteer duties
Wyndham House, Guelph - 106 Woolwich St, Administrative Office
Your own home
We are looking for volunteers willing to bake a tasty treat for Wyndham House youth residents and clients.
March of Dimes Canada
The co-chairperson supports the delivery of group meetings by assisting the executive committee to establish structured discussions, and create open and supportive environments that members feel comfortable to share personal stories, advice, resources, and/or ideas about recovery. This individual is responsible for stepping up and taking on the responsibilities of the chairperson when assistance is required. The co-chairperson is a part of the volunteer committee, thus is elected by group members to represent the goals of group, and acts as a liaison with the committee.
Guelph Community Health Centre, Guelph - Downtown Location, Healthy Living
Guelph Public Library - Downtown Library
WE Breastfeed & Chestfeed program supports parents feeding human milk in any way, in any amount. Parents can receive support in two ways. One-to-one telephone support with trained and experienced parent-volunteers or weekly drop-in Breastfeeding & Chestfeed Cafes. Cafe is offered in an online format and is a great place for parents to socialize with other breastfeeding / chestfeeding families and get support with challenges.
Become trained to offer support and lead group sessions providing feeding & parenting support to other parents. Keep logs of supporting, track hours, remain in good communication with the program coordinator.
Volunteers in this role are required to have had breastfeed or chestfeeding experience. Please consider joining this program as an administrative support or in a health promotion role if you do not have breast or chest feeding experience.
Guelph CHC acknowledges the importance of Peer-led work and offers 20 hours of training for this position but also ask for a minimum 6 month commitment.
One of our strategic aims to build capacity in our community. Volunteers in this role must have a connection to Guelph.
March of Dimes Canada
Meeting locations for GW Chapter are in Guelph.
The chairperson supports the delivery of group meetings by leading structured discussions and creating an open and supportive environment in which people feel comfortable to share personal stories, advice, and/or ideas about recovery.
The chairperson is part of the volunteer committee, and thus represents all participants as a member of the March of Dimes Canada (MODC) After Stroke volunteer team. The chairperson makes ethically sound decisions based on through understanding of the goals for each meetings, the peer support group, and MODC After Stroke values.
This role can be held by a caregiver, stroke survivor and family members.
St Joseph's Health Centre Guelph, Guelph - Westmount Rd
100 Westmount Road, Guelph
*Note Covid-19 update: We look forward to having you volunteer with us. Volunteers are not permitted to be at the Health Centre at this time; however we appreciate your interest in volunteering. Please submit your application and we will keep you up to date regarding when we can welcome our volunteers back with us.*
The nice weather has arrived. Spend some time with a resident or patient at the Health Centre to enjoy the fresh air. You may walk together around the garden area, or sit to share a coffee quietly.
Pet Protect Guelph, Guelph - 42 Carden St
Duties include caring for a cat or dog (you can choose which animal you would like to foster, and when), providing daily exercise and enrichment, taking pets to their vet appointments.