The Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 9:30 virtually (min of 8 meetings per year). Duties include: being an active member on the board and assisting where needed on committees; provide reports and updates to all members; review monthly financial statements; report Board issues to the Committee and report the Committee’s issues to the Board; participate in self-development training, where and when appropriate
Duties also include: implementing Board decisions based on the GWSA Human Resources; ensure that actions of the committee are aligned with the GWSA strategic plan.
We would greatly benefit from someone with Human Resources background.
The Board of Directors is made up of 7 members who manage the affairs of the Corporation and are responsible for fundamental decisions concerning the development and management of social housing projects. The Directors hold office until the third annual meeting following their appointment or until a successor is appointed; Directors are appointed because of a demonstrated interest in the welfare of their fellow citizens and their community. Once appointed the director must act at all times in the interest of the Corporation and not in their personal interest or in the interests of a group with which they are associated.
Board Members will be responsible to:
- establish, evaluate and carry out the organization’s mission and strategic plan
- oversee and ensure the financial health of the organization
- ensure the organization has competent staff/management to carry out the day to day operations to meet the requirements of tenants, funders and legislation
- direct organizational operations, including policy development and risk management
- maintain effective relations with funders and the community at large.