You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Special Needs / Differently Abled
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as s/he develops and implements Hopewell’s strategic plan;
- Review outcomes and metrics created by Hopewell for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings;
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports;
- Partner with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out;
- Serve on committees or work groups and taking on special assignments;
- Represent Hopewell to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization, including supporting all fundraising efforts;
- Ensure Hopewell’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the community Hopewell serves;
- Contribute to the annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director.
Volunteer drivers are needed for clients in Guelph and Wellington County.
1. The Community Helpers Program (provides opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities for community outreach)
2. Training Grounds (Volunteers needed to facilitate with online mentorship)
• The Travel Training Program works to pair volunteers with adults living with disabilities looking to use the conventional transit system
• All sessions are held in Guelph and are accessible by public transit
What are the responsibilities of a Volunteer?
• Volunteers will assist program participants in taking the conventional transit system. This includes boarding and exiting the bus, using transfers and creating a safe and supportive travel environment
• Volunteers will ride a specific, pre-designated transit route with the program participant on a designated day of the week. (Stone Road Mall, grocery store etc.)
• By providing your volunteer efforts, adults living with disabilities in the community are presented with an opportunity to increase their independence and confidence in a community engaged environment