East Wellington Community Services, Erin - 45 Main St
Ride the bus which takes clients to/from the Adult Day Program located in Erin. Seats on the bus are spaced 2 meters apart. Greet client and ask screening questions, offer hand sanitizer, ensure clients are seated safely.
Guelph Community Health Centre, Guelph - Downtown Location, Healthy Living
Many of our peer supported programs like Yoga, Zumba and Mindfulness have moved to a virtual platform! Volunteers are needed to assist staff and program leaders with providing online programs or assist clients with one-to-one support in getting connected. This role may include: offering basic tech support, assist with creating email address, software support or loading platforms.
Volunteers in this role are required to have a good understanding of online meetings and tech problem solving skills. Tech training is not provided. Agency orientation and support are provided.
Volunteers must have access to a computer and internet.
PIN - The People and Information Network, Snow Angels Program
City of Guelph
Volunteers shovel snow (including the accumulation of snow left at the end of driveways when the streets are plowed) following a heavy snowfall for senior and/or disabled residents.
Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington
Virtual - The sessions will be conducted via Zoom.
• Welcome the group and facilitate the session
• Select an appropriate workout routine that does not require any equipment
• Provide a suitable sound system for music to be audible for participants through online meeting tools
• Select the music and dance routine in advance
• Ensure that participants are able to follow the moves
• Demonstrate simple steps that can be easily followed
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the conversation partner is treated with dignity and respect
• Record the time spent volunteering and preparing for the session that will include practicing and the actual session.
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator
St Joseph's Health Centre Guelph, Guelph - Westmount Rd
100 Westmount Road, Guelph
*Note Covid-19 update: We look forward to having you volunteer with us. Volunteers are not permitted to be at the Health Centre at this time; however we appreciate your interest in volunteering. Please submit your application and we will keep you up to date regarding when we can welcome our volunteers back with us.*
The nice weather has arrived. Spend some time with a resident or patient at the Health Centre to enjoy the fresh air. You may walk together around the garden area, or sit to share a coffee quietly.
Victorian Order of Nurses, Waterloo Wellington Dufferin, VON - Mount Forest
Various locations in Wellington County/Guelph
Volunteers are needed to facilitate the VON SMART (seniors maintaining active roles together) In-home Exercise Program and the VON SMART Group Exercise Program. These programs provide support to community members 55+ who wish to improve their strength, balance and flexibility regardless of there current ability level.