You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Life Skills Support
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of available services within hub, and community at large
• Share feedback with Youth Ambassadors and the Ambassador Lead
• Represent and promote The Grove Hubs at school/with peers – share resources, upcoming programs and
• Attend programming and assist where required
• Must be able to ensure confidentiality, works with sensitive and private information daily
• Other duties as assigned by the Youth Ambassador Lead or Youth Wellness Coordinator
• Comply with policies and procedures of The Grove Hubs
• Teach knitting skills and lead the conversation circle
• Ensure that participants are able to follow the steps
• Demonstrate using simple language the steps that can be easily followed
• Record the time spent volunteering and preparing for the session that will include practicing and the actual session.
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the participants are treated with dignity and respect
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator
Become trained to offer support and lead group sessions providing feeding & parenting support to other parents. Keep logs of supporting, track hours, remain in good communication with the program coordinator.
Volunteers in this role are required to have had breastfeed or chestfeeding experience. Please consider joining this program as an administrative support or in a health promotion role if you do not have breast or chest feeding experience.
Guelph CHC acknowledges the importance of Peer-led work and offers 20 hours of training for this position but also ask for a minimum 6 month commitment.
One of our strategic aims to build capacity in our community. Volunteers in this role must have a connection to Guelph.
Calls are typically from women in crisis pregnancy situations seeking information and support.
Interested individuals should be empathetic, have a willingness to learn about the resources of Guelph and the surrounding areas and should demonstrate compassion.