You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Life Skills Support
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
Time slots available:
1. Tuesdays & Wednesdays 4-4:30pm OR 4:30-5pm
2. Tuesdays & Thursdays 4-4:30pm OR 4:30-5pm
3. Wednesdays & Thursdays 4-4:30pm
Please email: email@example.com for more information!
Become trained to offer support and lead group sessions providing feeding & parenting support to other parents. Keep logs of supporting, track hours, remain in good communication with the program coordinator.
Volunteers in this role are required to have had breastfeed or chestfeeding experience. Please consider joining this program as an administrative support or in a health promotion role if you do not have breast or chest feeding experience.
Guelph CHC acknowledges the importance of Peer-led work and offers 20 hours of training for this position but also ask for a minimum 6 month commitment.
One of our strategic aims to build capacity in our community. Volunteers in this role must have a connection to Guelph.
Administrative support volunteers work with the program coordinator and support data collection, scheduling volunteers, program evaluation entry, assist with digital marketing plan development and distribution of promotional material.
This would be a great role for someone who is interested in learning more about breast or chestfeeding, program coordination and promotion or needs to get their 40 OSSD hours.
IMPORTANT information: Volunteers in this role do not need breast or chestfeeding experience. They do need to have an enthusiastic and positive attitude towards breast or chestfeeding and human milk.
Calls are typically from women in crisis pregnancy situations seeking information and support.
Interested individuals should be empathetic, have a willingness to learn about the resources of Guelph and the surrounding areas and should demonstrate compassion.
• Select an appropriate recipe
• Provide a list of ingredients and cooking instructions at least 4 days prior to the session
• Lead the cooking lesson
• Provide for vegetarian options to be inclusive to as many participants as possible
• Demonstrate active listening during the session
• Explain unfamiliar words or ingredients when needed
• If you are cooking an authentic dish from your country, explain some traditions associated with it
• Record the time spend volunteering and preparing for the session that will include shopping, preparing and the actual session.
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the conversation partner is treated with dignity and respect
• Plan meetings and gather resources to support the conversation partner’s language needs
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator