You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Group / Family Volunteering
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Select an appropriate recipe
• Provide a list of ingredients and cooking instructions at least 4 days prior to the session
• Lead the cooking lesson
• Provide for vegetarian options to be inclusive to as many participants as possible
• Demonstrate active listening during the session
• Explain unfamiliar words or ingredients when needed
• If you are cooking an authentic dish from your country, explain some traditions associated with it
• Record the time spend volunteering and preparing for the session that will include shopping, preparing and the actual session.
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the conversation partner is treated with dignity and respect
• Plan meetings and gather resources to support the conversation partner’s language needs
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator
• Provide ongoing support through friendship, guidance and advice. For example, accompany the family to outings, events, cooking, shopping etc.
• Plan a fun activity together. For example, hiking, ice-skating, or the likes.
• Work with the partner family to set goals with them.
• Communicate with the Family Program Coordinator to monitor progress, provide information and make referrals if needed.
• Link families to the required resources such as schools, doctors, etc, as needed and being mindful of the unique needs of each family.
• Support the partner family with informal language training
• Provide the meeting report to the Program Coordinator after each meeting.
For those who are interested in helping to promote the ReStore and our products online, you can support our online retail initiatives.
You may also be asked to receive training on driving our trucks in order to support our donation pick-up team. Having a roster of trained and insured drivers is vital to ensure our Donation Pick-Up Service can be provided to our community.
Individuals who complete a minimum number of hours in the store and who have an acceptable police records check completed are eligible to receive training on the cash register. This is a great opportunity to develop/utilize your customer service skills!
Food Delivery Drivers: Will attend the packing site to pick up boxes that will then be delivered to the students at home.
Food & Friends at Home Site Lead: Will assist with leading the packing site, communicating with parents, communicating, training and scheduling and recognition of volunteers.
Administrators: Will support the program paper work, track local sale prices on specified food items, assist with budgeting and fundraising.