You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Friend / Penpal
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
Male volunteers needed to provide one-to-one support and mentoring to boys who require a positive relationship with a positive male role-model.
• Initiate conversations based on appropriate topics
• Demonstrate active listening during meetings with conversation partner
• Explain unfamiliar concepts and words when needed
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the conversation partner is treated with dignity and respect
• Suggest low-cost or free activities to do in the community
• Regularly and consistently track meetings, including date, time, duration, online tool and content of meeting using the online form on ISGW website
• Plan meetings and gather resources to support the conversation partner’s language needs
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator
Volunteers have visits with their "Little" on a consistent basis, usually once a week.
Volunteers invest time and attention into a child who faces adversity, build a friendship with them, and develop trust and respect. This could mean playing online games with them, engaging in a conversation about what's on their mind, doing virtual workouts together, cooking, or any other type of activity that will engage a child and draw out their personality and interests.
The nice weather has arrived. Spend some time with a resident or patient at the Health Centre to enjoy the fresh air. You may walk together around the garden area, or sit to share a coffee quietly.