You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Distress / Crisis / Bereavement Support
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
[ Print Version (New Window)
Family Counselling and Support Services for Guelph-Wellington, Distress Line Program
*To be disclosed upon acceptance into the program
• Using a solution-focused practice, you will be required to engage with community members through our telephone services and provide them with emotional support, assist them with goal or safety planning, and refer them to resources that promote their well-being.
• Complete relevant respondent documentation/profiles
• Consistently demonstrate key social service skills such as: Active Listening, Empathy, Etc.
• Act in accordance with ministry and agency regulations
• Ensure a holistic, quality approach to client care consistent with FCSSGW’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan
March of Dimes Canada
Wellington County Health Care Centres
Are you a stroke survivor or care partner? Our hospital peer visitors visit new stroke survivors within the hospital environment providing help with recovery by providing hope, hands-on-tangible knowledge to manage the emotional and physical stages of stroke using hope, optimism and encouragement. We are currently recruiting for Grand River Hospital-KW Site, Grand River Hospital-Freeport Site, Cambridge Memorial Hospital, Guelph General Hospital and St. Joseph's Health Centre Guelph.
Bereaved Families of Ontario - Midwestern Region
All of our grief support groups are facilitated by volunteers who are themselves bereaved, and offer a unique compassion and empathetic understanding of grief and grief support to our program members. Individuals will complete our 20-hour facilitator training with a strong understanding of peer support, and gain the skills and confidence required to facilitate individuals in a group setting.
We have an urgent need for facilitators for our programs for parents grieving the death of an infant and Living with Loss for adults grieving a death by substance use.