You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Culture & Heritage
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Select an appropriate recipe
• Provide a list of ingredients and cooking instructions at least 4 days prior to the session
• Lead the cooking lesson
• Provide for vegetarian options to be inclusive to as many participants as possible
• Demonstrate active listening during the session
• Explain unfamiliar words or ingredients when needed
• If you are cooking an authentic dish from your country, explain some traditions associated with it
• Record the time spend volunteering and preparing for the session that will include shopping, preparing and the actual session.
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where the conversation partner is treated with dignity and respect
• Plan meetings and gather resources to support the conversation partner’s language needs
• Communicate any concerns or challenges to the program coordinator