You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Education Support (Tutoring / Instruction)
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Initiate conversations based on a pre-determined topic with a small group of newcomers
• Engage and encourage all participants to speak English
• Explain unfamiliar concepts and words when needed
• Collaborate with other Conversation Circle Leads to determine topics
• Record the time spent volunteering and preparing for the session
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment where each participant is treated with dignity and respect
NOTE: Due to COVID learning pairs are working remotely. Please check our website for further information and updates on are programs.
In this volunteer role you will be matched with a child aged 6-12 who has a learning disability or who is a struggling reader, helping them with reading skills. Training will be provided, along with lots of fun and interactive materials to help you engage your student. We will provide proof of volunteers hours as requested.
1. The Community Helpers Program (provides opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities for community outreach)
2. Training Grounds (Volunteers needed to facilitate with online mentorship)