Financial Coordinator/Leadership Team
(Grange Hill East Neighbourhood Group)
|Impact Statement||Help grow access to resources, events and programs|
|Contact||Bronwen Buck, Neighbourhood Support Worker, Grange Hill East, Grange Hill East Neighbourhood Group; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||• Keep up-to-date books and printed records for the Neighbourhood Group |
• Update, with assistance, a set of Treasury Procedures
• Present a financial report, at minimum, every other month at Leadership Team meetings.
• Act as a co-signee of all outgoing cheques; help ensure prompt fund reimbursement
• Work with the Chair/Co-Chair and other interested Leadership Team Members in applying for the Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition annual allocation.
• Work with Leadership Team members and committees to set yearly budgets.
• Maintain petty cash
• Deposit any revenue into the GHENG account within 10 business days, or as appropriate.
• Submit yearly financial records to the office for storage
|Sustainable Development Goals||No Poverty ; Good Health and Well-Being ; Decent Work and Economic Growth ; Reduced Inequality ; Sustainable Cities and Communities ; Partnerships to achieve the Goal|
|More Info Link||https://www.gheng.ca/get-involved/|
|Benefits||• Increase book-keeping, budgeting and financial skills with the support of a co-Treasurer |
• Support community members in-need by helping to apply subsidized access to programs
• Connect with like-minded volunteers and Leadership Team members interested in collaborating to create a vibrant community
• Apply and enhance leadership skills by working with a team
• Participate in, or lead, events and outreach initiatives (optional)
|Clients||• Co-treasurer (will support the Financial Coordinator) |
• Grange Hill E. Leadership Team members
• Neighbourhood Group’s staffed positions (Neighbourhood Support Worker, Programmers)
• Possibility of working with the community at large, should the Treasure opt to help with additional events.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Persons with limited mobility ; Newcomers / English as a second language|
|Areas of Interest||Board of Directors ; Committees ; Finance / Cash Handling ; Office Administration ; Program Coordination / Support ; Registration|
|Skills/Experience||Accounting & Finance ; Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Customer Service ; General Computer Skills ; Leadership ; Planning & Organizing ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Living in the Grange Hill East Neighbourhood is an asset.|
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year) - Ideal candidate will seek a two year position ; • Actively participate in Leadership Team meetings. Typically, 1-2 hours per month. |
• Ensure any foreseeable budget reports, concerns or questions are conveyed and addressed prior to the meeting (if attendance is not possible)
• Willingness to devote an approximately 7 hours per month to the Neighbourhood Group above and beyond team meetings.
• Fulfill a two-year term, which may be renewed (pending approval)
|Interaction Level||Solitary - Most of the work can be done independently ; Small Group - You will collaborate with a small team and have the support of a Co-Treasurer ; Virtual Volunteering|
|Minimum Hours||7 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Most of the work can be done independently, and you may set your own schedule. In non-pandemic times, we have Leadership Team meetings once per month.|
|Seasons||Year Round ; Some additional work may occur in May-June|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Meeting location is in a public school|
|Location||Physical meeting location: 525 Grange Rd. (Community Room, Ken Danby School)|
|Number of Positions||Guelph |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided - Some training is provided ; Training is required|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/GrangeHillEast/|
|Start Date||On or before 06 Jun 2021|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Grange Hill East Neighbourhood Group|
|Address & Map|
|Mailing Address||c/o GHENG Community Room (Ken Danby Pubic School)|