Telephone Support Volunteer
(Compass Community Services, Telephone Support)
|Contact||Colten Ura, Manager, Telephone Support, Compass Community Services; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||• Engage in a variety of phone calls (social calls, safety checks, wellness checks, medication reminders, and distress/crisis calls) to support community members experiencing isolation and/or distress |
• Provide emotional support and referrals to community services as needed
• Use a strength-based and solution-focused practice
• Write notes summarizing completed phone calls
Interested? Visit http://bttr.im/85gjv to apply directly to volunteer application portal
|Sustainable Development Goals||Good Health and Well-Being ; Gender Equality ; Reduced Inequality|
|More Info Link||https://compasscs.org/volunteer-counselling-guelph/|
|Benefits||• Ideal for those looking to gain counselling and case management experience |
• Ability to volunteer remotely from anywhere within Canada. 1-3 hour long shifts are available from 8am-10pm, 7 days/week. You choose when to volunteer by scheduling your shifts through online software.
• Options to volunteer on either our Distress Line, TeleConnect Line and/or LGBTQ+ Support Line, depending on your experience and comfort levels
• Ongoing support, feedback, and training. Opportunities to debrief on calls with staff, receive feedback on calls you’ve made, and participate in optional monthly trainings to develop your skills and knowledge of community resources.
• Develop your ability to connect with and support people from all walks of life. Interact with a diverse group of community members during each shift.
• Reference letters are available upon request after you complete 96 hours of volunteering
|Clients||Any community member is capable of accessing our service. People who are distressed and struggle with their mental health are our most frequent contacts.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Persons with limited mobility|
|Areas of Interest||Child & Family Services ; Community Outreach ; Distress / Crisis / Bereavement Support ; Emergency & Response ; Information & Referral Services ; Mental Health / Addictions ; Pandemic / Coronavirus / COVID-19 Support ; Poverty & Homelessness ; Volunteer from Home / Virtual ; Youth Services|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Counseling & Support ; Customer Service ; General Computer Skills ; Leadership ; Mentoring & Training ; Research ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Writing & Editing ; Case Management|
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year) ; Volunteers are asked to complete 1 year of service at a rate of 16 hours every 2 months|
|Interaction Level||Solitary ; One-on-one ; Virtual Volunteering|
|Minimum Hours||8 / Month|
|Dates and Times||The hours of operation are from 8am-10pm, 7 days per week. Volunteers are able to select their own shifts (based on availability).|
|Accessibility||All volunteers are currently operating remotely. Volunteers require access to a computer, the internet, and a quiet and secure space to volunteer from.|
|Number of Positions||Guelph |
150 individual(s) needed in total.
All volunteers are operating remotely at this time.
|Training||Training is provided ; Training is required ; Scheduled training ; Training on the job ; Training on-going|
|Additional Requirements||A Vulnerable Sector Check is required.|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/compasscsgw|
|[ Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Compass Community Services, Telephone Support|
|Office Phone||Distress Line 519-821-3760|
|Toll Free Phone||Distress Line 1-888-821-3760|
|Mailing Address||20 Shelldale Cres |
Guelph, ON N1H 1C8