Start2Finish Running & Reading Club Mentor
(Start2Finish, Guelph, Running & Reading Club)
|Contact||Michelle Wray, Director of Volunteer and Community Relations, Start2Finish; Phone: (905) 319-1885 ext 206; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||The mentor's role includes: |
- Physical activity: Volunteers supervise and encourage the children through the physical activity component of the program. They lead warm up, running workouts, and other fitness activities while cheering them on and providing encouragement.
- Snack: Volunteers help to distribute snack to the students after the physical activity component.
- Word of the Day: Each volunteer has the opportunity to explain a "Word of the Day” for the whole group. They will share the word selected for that week (as provided in the weekly program manual) and engage feedback from the students regarding the definition and how they have exemplified it at some point in their lives.
- Journal: Volunteers assist children to record their accomplishments in both running and reading each week.
- Reading: Volunteers supervise as children read silently, read one-on-one with children or lead group reading, listen to them read and providing help and encouragement.
|More Info Link||https://www.start2finishonline.org/|
|Benefits||- Help children in the most economically challenged areas of Canada |
- Gain personal satisfaction through utilizing and enhancing skills
- Meet new people and develop friendships and professional contacts
- Build self-esteem
- Challenge yourself and experience personal growth
- Develop a sense of accomplishment
- Enhance your health and well-being
- Have fun!
|Clients||Students grade 1-6|
|Ages||14 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students ; Couples ; Groups ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups|
|Areas of Interest||Child & Family Services ; Education Support (Elementary / Secondary) ; Recreation & Sports ; Youth Engagement|
|Skills/Experience||First Aid ; Leadership ; Mentoring & Training ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Sports & Coaching ; Team Work|
|Commitment Length||Short Term (Up to 4 months) ; Medium Term (4 months to 1 year) ; short term and medium term both available.|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group ; Large Group ; opportunity for various interaction at different points of the program.|
|Minimum Hours||2.5 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Tuesday: Afternoon (3:15 - 5:15 pm) |
Wednesday: Afternoon (3:15 - 5:15 pm/3:30 - 5:30 pm)
Thursday: Afternoon (3:15 - 5:15 pm)
Locations include: Willow Road Public School, Gateway Drive Public School, Brant Avenue Public School, Westwood Public School, John Galt Public School
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter ; Program runs from October - May|
|Number of Positions||Guelph |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
Update to 10 positions available at each location
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Training on-going|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/Start2FinishOnline/|
|Start Date||On or after 02 Oct 2018|
|End Date||29 Nov 2018|
|Display Until||29 Nov 2018|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Start2Finish, Guelph, Running & Reading Club|
|Office Phone||Head Office 905-319-1885|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-320-8844|
|Mailing Address||c/o Start2Finish Head Office |
4230 Sherwoodtowne Blvd, Unit 303
Mississauga, ON L4Z 2G6