Elliott Community Trustee
(Elliott Community (The))
|Impact Statement||Make a Difference in Your Community by Joining!|
|Contact||Julie Spinder, Executive Assistant, The Elliott Community; Phone: (519) 822-0491 ext 2270; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||The role of Trustee is highly rewarding, its key responsibilities being to: |
• Ensure that the organization is governed effectively;
• Work in partnership with the Chief Executive to ensure that the organization has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and that the organization, the Trustees and the Chief Executive are focused on achieving these;
• Work within the Board to ensure future sustainability, in terms of the impact of activities against assessed need, and financial sustainability;
• Ensure that the Board is monitoring performance through reports provided by the Chief Executive and senior staff;
• To take a particular interest, or by agreement lead role, in any areas of specialist expert knowledge;
• The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding leadership and management skills, with the ability to take a considered and clear view on strategic issues and vision;
• Act as an ambassador for the charity and be prepared to engage in profile-raising public events and or fundraising events.
This is a role that requires strategic vision, willingness to devote the necessary time and effort, strong independent judgement, ability to lead and work as a member of a team. As a Member of the Board of Trustees, you will carry the duties of the post with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
More Info Link: www.elliottcommunity.org and/or www.guelph.ca/city-hall/boards-and-committees
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+)|
|Areas of Interest||Board of Directors|
|Skills/Experience||Confidentiality ; Leadership ; The Elliott Community is a charitable, not-for-profit senior’s residence offering a continuum of residential and nursing services. The home offers four lifestyle choices; independent living in Life Lease suites, supported living in our Retirement Suites, enhanced support in Retirement Plus and full nursing care in our Long Term Care residence. |
We seek people with strategic vision, independent judgement, ability to think creatively, and that are willing to speak up and willing to listen.
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year) ; Appointment is a 3 year term - approved by Guelph City Council.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; 11 members serve on the Board of Trustees.|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Thursday: Evening |
Board Meetings are held the first (1st) Thursday of every month, excluding June, July and August at 6:00pm.
|Location||170 Metcalfe Street, Guelph, Ontario|
|Number of Positions||Guelph: 3 individual(s) |
3 individual(s) needed in total.
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/The-Elliott-Community-533703656711802/|
|Start Date||On or after 01 May 2021|
|Display Until||31 Dec 2021|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Elliott Community (The)|
|Address & Map|