Conversation Circle Facilitator
(Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington)
|Impact Statement||Help your new and old neighbours practise English|
|Contact||Sreeja Venugopal, Volunteer Mobilizer, Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington; Phone: (519) 836-2222 ext 260; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed volunteer to: |
• Lead a group of 12 – 15 participants
• Plan weekly topics and prepare printed resources for the group
• Provide ISGW staff with regular group updates
• Utilize other volunteers for assistance
|Benefits||• You will gain experience working with adult ELL (English Language Learners) |
• You will be part of a team of committed and knowledgeable people from around the world supporting newcomers.
• You will help further the goals of an organization with a progressive mission.
• You will be appreciated for your contribution and will be credited for your work
• You will be provided with information about the overall work of the agency and on the assigned project.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Families ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups|
|Areas of Interest||Community Outreach ; Education Support (Tutoring / Instruction) ; Newcomer Assistance ; Translation / Languages / Interpretation|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Customer Service ; Leadership ; Mentoring & Training ; Public Speaking ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Translation & Languages ; • Excellent communication skills; friendly and patient |
• Group facilitation skills
• Teaching ESL or adult education experience
• Understand and appreciate people from various cultures
• Eager to learn new skills
|Commitment Length||Short Term (Up to 4 months) ; Medium Term (4 months to 1 year) ; Long Term (More than 1 year) ; Average 2-3 hours per week commitment. Minimum 4 month commitment per each workshop program. |
Wednesday group starts in September 2018.
Thursday morning group starts September 13th, 2018.
Thursday evening is ongoing.
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon (11:30 - 1:00 pm) |
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon (9:00 - 10:00 am; 6:30 - 8:00 pm)
Average 3 hours per week commitment.
|Seasons||Year Round ; We will be running different programs during the year. We are welcoming all interested volunteers to apply all year around.|
|Accessibility||Unknown ; Wednesday noon Conversation Circle needs volunteer lead from September, in our office 104 Dawson Road. |
Thursday morning Conversation Circle will be held at Three Willow United Church, running parallel with the Food Shelf program, starting September 13.
Thursday evening Conversation Circle is at Grange Hill East Neighbourhood Group, Community Room, 525 Grange Road (right side of Ken Danby School)
|Location||Three Willow United Church:577 Willow Rd, Guelph, ON N1H 7H3; Grange Hill East Neighbourhood Group,|
|Number of Positions||Guelph: 5 individual(s) |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImmigrantServices|
|Start Date||On or after 31 May 2018 and on or before 31 May 2018|
|Display Until||31 Oct 2018|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington|
|Address & Map|