Director, Board of Directors
(Guelph Nonprofit Housing Corporation)
|Contact||Sarah Fitt, Property Management Clerk, Guelph Non-Profit Housing; Phone: 519-766-1022 ext 4640; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||As a member of a board of 7 community volunteers, the board member will attend monthly Board meetings that take place on the last Tuesday of each month, as well as attend the Annual General Meeting which takes place in December of each year. |
The Board of Directors is made up of 7 members who manage the affairs of the Corporation and are responsible for fundamental decisions concerning the development and management of social housing projects. The Directors hold office until the third annual meeting following their appointment or until a successor is appointed; Directors are appointed because of a demonstrated interest in the welfare of their fellow citizens and their community. Once appointed the director must act at all times in the interest of the Corporation and not in their personal interest or in the interests of a group with which they are associated.
Board Members will be responsible to:
- establish, evaluate and carry out the organization’s mission and strategic plan
- oversee and ensure the financial health of the organization
- ensure the organization has competent staff/management to carry out the day to day operations to meet the requirements of tenants, funders and legislation
- direct organizational operations, including policy development and risk management
- maintain effective relations with funders and the community at large.
|More Info Link||https://www.wellington.ca/en/social-services/hs-guelphnonprofithousing.aspx|
|Clients||Guelph Non-Profit Housing Corporation owns and manages 512 rent-geared-to-income (RGI) units and market rent units through the social housing programmes.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+)|
|Areas of Interest||Board of Directors ; Human Resources / Interviewing ; Poverty & Homelessness|
|Skills/Experience||Accounting & Finance ; Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Leadership ; Marketing & PR ; Planning & Organizing ; Team Work ; - Knowledge of, or experience in, affordable housing management, community based programs and/or housing development |
- Experience in marketing and communications, Legal expertise, Board experience and volunteer experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is considered an asset: understanding the legal environment, advocacy and social policy, human rights issues, human resources
- Tenants of GNPHC or the County of Wellington are not eligible to sit on the Board.
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year) - Board terms are 3 years|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Thursday: Afternoon (Meeting starts at 5:00 pm) |
As a member of a board of 7 community volunteers, the board member will attend monthly Board meetings that take place on the last Thursday of each month, as well as attend the Annual General Meeting which takes place in November of each year.
Tenants of GNPHC or the County of Wellington are not eligible to sit on the Board.
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Meetings are now held via teleconference as a result of the ongoing pandemic|
|Location||138 Wyndham St N, Guelph, ON|
|Number of Positions||Guelph: 2 individual(s) |
2 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - Board and agency orientations are provided|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Additional Requirements||Currently seeking a Director with knowledge of housing, homelessness, the non-profit sector, housing management, legal expertise, and experience with affordable/social housing.|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/wellingtoncounty/|
|Display Until||01 Feb 2022|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Guelph Nonprofit Housing Corporation|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-663-0750|
|Address & Map|