(Guelph Wellington Seniors Association)
|Impact Statement||Be Active. Get Involved. Make Friends.|
|Contact||Becky MacDonald, Volunteer Coordinator, City of Guelph; Phone: 519-822-1260 ext 2096; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||1. Be a Signing Officer for the GWSA accounts and contracts. |
2. Attend the Finance Committee meetings.
3. Provide leadership to the Financial Administrator, reporting to the Human Resources Committee as necessary.
4. Take leadership role in the Finance Committee’s preparation of the annual budget for approval by the Board.
5. Serve as a liaison to auditors for the GWSA.
6. Consult the IT Coordinator to make recommendations to the Finance Committee regarding updates to computer hardware and financial software.
7. Report financial results to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
8. Attend or arrange a designate to attend monthly meetings of the Board of Directors to present monthly financial reports and provide guidance for the financial management of the organization
9. Review most recent Board minutes upon receipt and take any action assigned.
10. Participate in self-development training, where appropriate.
11. Perform other duties as may be from time to time, assigned by the Board or President.
12. Update and maintain the GWSA Accounting and Budget Procedures document.
13. Maintain the GWSA charitable registration. Ensure that the government information return (together with
financial statements and required attachments) is filed no later than six months after the end of the GWSA's fiscal period.
14. Adhere to code of confidentiality
|Sustainable Development Goals||Good Health and Well-Being|
|Benefits||- utilize your skills |
- make friends
- work with a great team of volunteers
- give back to the older adult community
|Suitable For||Seniors (55+)|
|Areas of Interest||Committees ; Finance / Cash Handling|
|Skills/Experience||Accounting & Finance ; Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; General Computer Skills ; Leadership ; Planning & Organizing ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Writing & Editing ; - Background in Finance and Business |
- Some formal accounting training
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with people
- Computer literate, excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and QuickBooks
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year)|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||6 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Wednesday: Morning |
Board meeting is on the 3rd Wednesday in the morning. Finance Committee meets once a month.
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Designated parking at entrance ; Wheelchair accessible automatic main entrance ; Barrier-free washroom including door and stall ; Dedicated accessible washroom with all features ; Wheelchair accessible washroom, assistance needed with door|
|Number of Positions||Guelph |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/guelphwellingtonseniors|
|Start Date||On or after 30 May 2022|
|Display Until||29 Jul 2022|
|[ Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Guelph Wellington Seniors Association|
|Office Phone||Evergreen Centre 519-823-1291|
|Address & Map|