Service: Residential Programs
|Record #: GUE0013||Last Modified: 10 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 10 Dec 2019|
|Primary Contact||Shannyn Stevens, Women's Admissions Coordinator / Public Relations; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Angela Holmes, Clinical Director - Residential Services; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Kristin Kerr, Executive Director; Phone: 519-837-1470 ext 230; Email: email@example.com|
|Located In Community||Guelph|
|Address & Map|
|Intersection||Hanlon Expy (Hwy 6) and Westwood Rd|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Residential programs use a modified ‘therapeutic community’ treatment model with an approach based on the belief that chronic addiction comes with an acquired lifestyle and that recovery requires a holistic approach that challenges deeply ingrained behaviours and teaches healthy alternatives.
Believing that change is most effective when it is experienced and shared, staff encourage residents to assist each other in every aspect of treatment. Professional staff function as facilitators, guides, and role models. Residents, staff, and alumni comprise a supportive community in which the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Stonehenge offers 4.5 - 6 month residential programs tailored to the unique needs of adult men and women. Additional residential services include:
* Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST): Support coordination, crisis intervention, education, community referrals, and access to a physician via the Ontario Telemedicine Network teleconferencing system, as well as a pharmacist who provides medications on site.
* Correctional Programs: Residential beds for male and female offenders under federal and provincial jurisdiction.
* Early Childhood Development Program (ECD): Stonehenge reserves one bed in the Women’s Residential Program to accommodate pregnant women struggling with substance issues.
* Friends and Family Support Program: Monthly group in which family members and friends of residents meet to receive support and learn valuable skills to cope with the impact of addiction; co-facilitated by a staff member and a family member with lived experience.
* Regional Aftercare Program: Staff-facilitated aftercare program for individuals who have completed at least three months of the residential program; provides an opportunity to test new-found skills and stay connected to the guidance of the program and staff for up to two years.
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * program hours vary|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
Eligibility requirements vary according to program; call or visit website for information
**Note: Anyone who has participated in previous residential treatment is welcome to attend
|Application||Visit website for information or contact the Admissions Coordinator:
* Men's Program 519-837-1470 ext 227
* Women's Program 519-837-1470 ext 226
Detailed Stonehenge program information can also be obtained by calling the ConnexOntario Drug and Alcohol Helpline at 1-800-565-8603
|Fees||None - valid Ontario Health Card required|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Service Categories||Families/Friends of Individuals With a Drug Use Disorder Support Groups ; Families/Friends of Individuals With an Alcohol Use Disorder Support Groups ; Medication Assisted Maintenance Treatment for Substance Use Disorders ; Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facilities ~ Men ; Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facilities ~ Pregnant Women ; Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facilities ~ Women ; Substance Use Disorder Drop In Programs ; Transitional Housing for Ex-Offenders|