|Former Name||Wellington-Dufferin Branch (jan 2007)|
|Address & Map|
147 Wyndham St N
Guelph, ON N1H 4E9
View Google Map
|Located In Community||Guelph|
|Intersection||Wyndham St N and Woolwich St|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-255-2642|
|Primary Contact||Shannon Ferguson, Resource Centre Administrator; Phone: 519-836-6220 ext 334|
|Primary Executive||Don Roth, Executive Director; Phone: 519-766-4450|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Promotes the mental health of all people through research and information services, sponsored research projects, education, workshops, seminars, pamphlets, newsletters and resource services. Also encourages public action and commitment to strengthening community mental health services as well as legislation and policies affecting services. |
* Information and Education: Mental health library, Grand River Mental Health and addictions directory, brochures and information sheets, workshops and educational events, leisure information, access to office equipment, internet access (Cap computers), advocacy and skill development.
* Referral Services: helps people access services within the community from a centralized location. *one to one meeting where staff can suggest options related to mental health support services (including those provided by the Centres for Mental Health), mental health treatment services and other services available in the community
* Support Services: helps to coordinate support services for individuals who struggle with a significant mental health issue so that they may live and fully participate in their community.
*help to address and overcome barriers in housing, employment, education, leisure, relationships, financial stability and social pursuits. Intensive support to short-term crisis support, to intermittent support is provided as needed.
* Community Employment Services: helps individuals connect with available employment services. Can help identify employment goals and assists with the development of a plan..Call 519-766-4450 to make an appointment.
* Bridging Employment Supports: helps persons with disabilities between the ages of 16 and 65 to obtain paid, competitive employment.Call 519-749-3700 to make an appointment.
* Entrepreneurship Project: assists individuals who have been involved with the mental health system become self-employed or start their own business. Referrals are made through local CMHA Centres for Mental Health, Wellington Dufferin Self-Help, other area agencies, or by self referral.
|Sup. Description||*Referral Coordinator can meet individuals in their homes or within their communities to help arrange mental health support services. Call the main phone line to make an appointment.|
|Hours||Mon - Fri 9 am - 12 noon, 1 pm - 5 pm, Closed between 12 noon till 1 pm|
|Areas Served||Guelph ; Wellington County|
|Funding||Provincial ; Donations ; United Way|
|Service Level||(50) Non Profit|
|Subjects||Advocacy ; Dual diagnosis disabilities ; Education ; Information and referral ; Mental health ; Mental health centres ; Mental health services ; Self employment|
|Service Categories||Information and Referral Personnel ~ Mental Health Issues ; Mental Health Associations ; Mental Health Information/Education ; Mental Health Issues ; Specialized Information and Referral ~ Mental Health Issues|