Guelph Non Profit Housing Corporation

[  Suggest an Update |  Volunteer Opportunities ]
Record #: GCL1572 Last Modified: 14 Jan 2014 Last Full Update: 14 Jan 2014
Contact Information
Alternate NameGuelph Non Profit Housing Corporation, Management Services ; Guelph Non-Profit Housing Corp
Address & Map
Dominion Public Building
138 Wyndham St N
Guelph, ON N1H 4E8
 
View Google Map
Located In CommunityGuelph
Site LocationGuelph-Downtown
Intersectionformerly the old main Post Office
AccessibilityPartially Accessible - Parking - Accessible, Entrance - Accessible
Office Phone519-766-1022
Toll Free Phone1-800-663-0750
Crisis PhoneMaintenance emergencies only after hours: 519-766-1022
After Hours PhoneOffice Staff Non-Emergencies: 519-824-1960
Fax519-837-6349
E-Mailinfo@gnphc.on.ca
Websitewww.wellington.ca
Primary ContactHarry Blinkhorn, Housing Operations Manager; Phone: 519-766-1022 ext 4340; Email: harryb@wellington.ca
Primary ExecutiveSandra Ferguson-Escott, Board Chair
Description & Services
DescriptionMunicipal corporation mandated by Guelph City Council to develop and manage nonprofit housing. There are 545 rental housing units in 9 locations.  
Sup. DescriptionApproximately 80% of developed rental accommodation is provided on a geared-to-income basis for eligible households (individuals, couples, families) * remaining 20% is available to households at average market rates * unit types include apartments and townhouses (bachelor, one, two, three and four-bedroom unit types)
HoursMon-Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm * summer hours (Victoria Day - Labour Day) Mon-Fri 8:30am - 4pm
Areas ServedGuelph
EligibilityAll eligible tenant households may receive subsidy
ApplicationApplication to Guelph Non-Profit Housing Corporation units for new tenants or for transfers are made through the Centralized Waiting List administered by County of Wellington Housing Services, located at the address of Guelph Non-Profit Housing Corporation.
FeesNone - to apply
LanguagesEnglish ; Translation services can be arranged
Other Details
FundingRegional / Municipal - County of Wellington
Service Level(50) Non Profit
Subjects
SubjectsApartments ; Housing facilities ; Low income housing ; Rentals ; Seniors ; Subsidies
Service CategoriesPublic Housing